Thursday, May 19, 2016

Pork Adobo


Pork Adobo is a traditional food in the Philippines but as a Filipina being married to an Australian, this dish becomes famous to any aussie husband who married pinay in Australia!
I cooked this tonight because my husband requested it! This recipe is very simple and tasted great. I don't measure the recipes because I just tip some in the pot, I just try to balance it but I can tell you what I use for ingredients..
  • 1 kilo of pork (I used pork shoulders) cut 3cm or it's up to you how you cut it
  • Maybe 3/4 cup of Vinegar (I used the filipino vinegar but any white vinegar will do)
  • Maybe 3/4 cup of Soy Sauce
  • 3 teaspoons of brown sugar
  • 4 bay leaves
  • 2 teaspoons black peppercorn
  • 2 Magic Sarap seasoning
  • 2 big onions cut however you want it
  • 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Drizzle of Sweet Soy Sauce at the end
So here's how I do it:
Just put everything in the pot and mix it well, make sure it's only a medium heat. Simmer for 1 and 30 mins or until the pork is cooked. You may have to add some water in case you want more sauce. When it's nearly done, I add some sweet soy sauce but it's up to you if you want to add it or not. I just prepare to have some sweet soy sauce on my adobo. Served it with rice..
So that's how I do my Adobo. Try it and enjoy!

Cheers,
Ling

No comments:

Post a Comment